On Air: 03:00 - 04:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 26th, 2015
Whether you’re trying to build a community from scratch or grow your existing user base, getting your members to participate can be a challenge. How can you be likeable, relevant and still sell your product? In this Hangout, we’ll look at ways to get to know your community and their needs so you can create an environment they want to be a part of, rather than a visitor.
Community Manager at eToro OpenBook
By day, Annie is the Community Manager on eToro OpenBook. By night, she’s still that, but asleep. She also takes pictures of things.
Digital Communications at EJR-Quartz
Molly works in space but she’s very down-to-earth. When she’s not writing her thesis on social media and science communication, Molly likes to snowboard and knit – just not at the same time!
Connect with Molly on Twitter at @mollydenmark.
Online Communities Manager for BMC Social at BMC Software
Anirban is a highly motivated and well-groomed marketing pro, knowledgeable of industry topics, who focuses on the tactical side of delivering fantastic customer service, with a talent for process and execution. His key responsibilities include: Online Community Management, Social business and Business Admin.
Community Manager and Everything Else at L Marks
Rafe is skilled in customer service, hospitality, digital marketing, event management, project management and digital marketing with media relations. His current interests are in delivering the best possible service and re imagining how companies interact with both their customers and staff.
Senior Community Ambassador at BMC Software
ITSM, Enterprise 2.0. Community Enabler, Social Business Evangelist. Food, but no wine. Having fun with many friends on @BMCCommunities.
- What separates an audience from a community?
- As a community manager, is your objective to sell or to engage? Can you do both?
- How do you get to know your members?
- How can you leverage what you know about your members?
- How do your members connect with one another or are you the axis?
- When assessing the community’s health, what metrics do you look at?
- What should you avoid when trying to nurture a community?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: When is a community really just an audience? and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016
- Don’t forget to nominate for the 2016 CMAD Awards! - January 16, 2016
- Organizing a CMAD meetup in 2016? - January 10, 2016