On Air: 01:00 - 02:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 26th, 2015
While there is a growing hype around social media and seminars are filled with success stories, do we dare to admit that per each success case there are also many failures? What can we learn from these cases if we bring practical problems into discussion, too?
Communications Manager, Team Leader at Algol Group.
As a Communications Manager of international Algol Group Heli is interested in service development, PR and marketing. She loves social media but sees that it’s not some magical thing that would automatically solve all of the issues communications teams are working with. Heli is also a writer and PR-coach.
Head of Communications and Marketing at Alexandria Pankkiiriliike Group
Anssi is in charge of all of the communications and marketing operations of Alexandria Group, of one of the largest money management firms in Finland. Anssi started his career in the financial sector as a social media evangelist, propelled by his Master’s thesis from 2010, the first finnish academic study on social media and corporate communications. Years in the heavily regulated financial industry have educated the former social media ambassador to look at communications and marketing from a much broader perspective.
Tom is a vocalist and guitarist of Finnish pop punk band Madcraft and an entrepreneur in MadCraft Entertainment. As a musician Tom has succeeded to build an active social media network. As a AD Assistant of Fujitsu Finland he also has experience on many other aspects of marketing actions.
CEO at HeadOffice Finland
Kati is CEO at Head Office Finland (HOFI), customising the best solutions, starting from the needs of each customer. Her responsibility is to develop competencies around strategic content marketing planning, production and effective implementation. The Head Office team develops best in class online and offline solutions to support their customers’ needs and maximize return on marketing and communications’ investment.
Joonas represents the new generation of marketing strategists and content creators. Currently, he holds two positions: One being a Marketing Manager at the largest social media and social business company, Dingle. The second position is an entrepreneur and a Content Creator at Advantage360. He’s here to guide your business through the complicated marketing processes. You can find his website at joonasvillanen.com.
- Shouldn’t one first determine goals, messages and target groups before deciding if social media is a MUST channel?
- Have you met businesses that have made a decision not to invest time into social media because their target groups are not there?
- What are examples of organizations that are hard to “storify”?
- Have you noticed an example social media usage that is easy to identify as having both a 1) reasonable budget, and 2) measurable results?
- How can you handle social media crises if your side of the story can’t be openly shared because of the law / professional confidentiality?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: Social Media Case Studies – Always a Success. Really? and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Passing the torch: Meet the new CMAD crew! - December 2, 2016
- “The time has come,” the team has said. - October 27, 2016
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016