On Air: 11:00 - 12:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 25th, 2016
Personal branding is a long debated topic and often a sore spot for community managers. This panel will discuss the pros and cons of personal branding for community managers and provide tips for finding your voice and honing it for community success.
Social Strategist at PureMatter
Rachel Miller organizes the universe and makes things pretty. As a social strategist for PureMatter she helps companies identify and engage key community members and influencers to craft and amplify brand stories.
Global Head of Social Media for BMC Software
Carlos is the Global Head of Social Media for BMC Software. Previously, he served as Senior Social Marketing Manager for LinkedIn’s Sales Solutions. His proven track record includes leading consumer-facing digital and social media programs as Social Media Manager for Winn-Dixie, where he developed strategy and led the launch of all Winn-Dixie’s social channels, social listening, and blogger influencer program. In addition, Carlos served as the Head of Digital Marketing for Save-A-Lot food stores.
Community Manager at BTC Revolutions
Sr. Social Strategist at PureMatter
Suzie McCarthy is the Senior Social Strategist at PureMatter. In addition to creating strategy for clients she also manages PureMatter content marketing and CRM. As part of the PureMatter team, she has worked extensively with IBM at their events and oversaw Bryan Kramer’s social media challenge during his [email protected] talk.
Connect with Suzi on Twitter at @suzimcc.
Marketing Director & Executive Assistant at A Sales Guy, Inc.
- What first comes to mind when you hear the phrase personal branding?
- As a professional on social media have you made an effort to build your personal brand?
- Can a strong personal brand negatively affect a community manager’s ability to perform for a brand?
- What advice would you give to individuals working to develop their community manager resume when it comes to personal branding?
- Do you have a strategy or a secret sauce when it comes to personal branding?
- What are the first steps someone should take to develop their personal brand?
- What are some pitfalls to avoid?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: Pros and Cons of Personal Branding for Community Manager and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016
- Don’t forget to nominate for the 2016 CMAD Awards! - January 16, 2016
- Organizing a CMAD meetup in 2016? - January 10, 2016