On Air: 21:00 - 22:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 26th, 2015
Communities and community management are increasingly recognised as powerful mechanisms for brand advocacy, customer support, product innovation and transformative business modelling.
But are they the right solution for your business? And how do you figure that out before you’ve got in over your head?
We’ll chat about what’s practically required for the set up of an online community and how you can assess – and stress test – your readiness before ending up in the deep end.
Group Senior Manager – Content & Community at REA Group
Venessa is an international community management authority, specializing in enterprise online communities. Currently she is Group Senior Manager of Content and Community for ASX listed REA Group. Venessa is a published academic and a popular speaker and consultant on community building and management, moderation and governance. In 2008 she founded the Australian Community Managers Roundtables and co-founded the flagship Australian community management conference, Swarm.
General Manager of Quiip
Julie Delaforce is General Manager of Quiip, an Australian online community and social media specialist provider. Julie has a decade’s experience as an online community and social media practitioner. She currently leads Quiip on key accounts: Cbus, SEEK and DDB to name a few.
Head of The Communal Group
Justin is an 11 year veteran Online Community Manager with a background in building highly leveraged communities in news, media, gaming, customer support, travel, finance and social activism with up to 9.5 million comments a month. He now helps companies build better communities.
Social Media Specialist at Bigcommerce
By day, Jessica is the community manager for Bigcommerce, an ecommerce platform for SMBs. She manages the social customer service strategy, including overseeing a 15,000+ member support forum. By night, she is a blogger for two different blogs. Jessica has been featured and written guest posts in a host of online publications including PR Daily, Spin Sucks, Social Fresh, 12 Most, Communications Conversations & Convince and Convert.
CEO at Dialogue Group
Hugh is an experienced social media and community specialist who runs Dialogue Group, who help organisations have conversations. His current focus is on Schedugram, a platform allowing brands and agencies to schedule content to Instagram; along with consulting, crisis management support and other ventures.
- How can an organisation know it it’s ‘ready’ to build a community?
- What are the most common mistakes businesses and organisations make when trying to launch or build a community?
- What are the solutions to avoiding these mistakes?
- What are some of the lesser known risks or challenges in creating a community – and why should we pay attention to them?
- Once you have a community successfully up and running, how can you stress test it for growth, scale, risk and other factors?
- How often should you reassess and check in on how robust your community is at dealing with the various pressures (social, market and other) that it will be exposed to?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: Is your organisation ready for community? How to assess & stress test. and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016
- Don’t forget to nominate for the 2016 CMAD Awards! - January 16, 2016
- Organizing a CMAD meetup in 2016? - January 10, 2016