On Air: 06:00 - 07:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 27th, 2014
We will be talking with some of the people behind communities in South Africa. Discussions will include how they built their communities up and strategies they use. We will also be talking with Strategists to get their opinion of what works and what does not work in communities.
Creative Director at Falconscove
Fred is passionate about community management and social media. He is also a copywriter and keynote speaker. He is the Author of the book 101 Tips For Twitter.
Sarah Britten is a Communication Strategist, Writer, Blogger and Painter of Pictures with Lipstick. She has worked on many projects in the social media sector. Sarah writes about her journey to Australia and back on her site Trekking Across Gondwanaland.
Senior Content & Community Manager at Cerebra
A social media enthusiast who began her career as an intern with the Mail & Guardian Online, where her focus was shifted to online media. Her experience spans from the online portals of the M&G, to the weekly publication and news agency, Inter Press Service. Blogger, tech junkie and sports fan.
Co-Owner at Lifeology
Jodene is the co-owner of #Lifeology, She lives with courage, consciousness and a sense of humour. She is a social media publicist and Strategist. She is the Founder of #FollowSA. Jodene is also a blogger and you can find out all about her blog at #Projectme.
The Guy Who Does Stuff at Paton Tupper Digital
With a background in magazine production, I entered the social media field six years ago, launching my own agency. I sold that in January 2013, and am now driving a digital JV with a huge traditional agency, servicing some of South Africa’s biggest brands with digital and social media solutions.
- How have you used bloggers in building your communities?
- What have been some of the challenges in building your communities?
- How do you handle trolls in your communities?
- What have you learned in running your community?
- What advice can you give someone starting out in building a community?
- What social media tools do you use for your community for posting, tracking and for reports?
- What new trends do you see for social media and building a community in 2014?
- What posts work better: videos, images or posts and why?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: Community Case Studies From South Africa and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Not sure what time this is for your location? Use worldtimebuddy.com.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Passing the torch: Meet the new CMAD crew! - December 2, 2016
- “The time has come,” the team has said. - October 27, 2016
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016