On Air: 07:00 - 08:00 EST (GMT-5)
Monday, January 26th, 2015
We gather to celebrate our diversity and human social side, hoping to accomplish and encourage in-depth discussion about the challenges that accessibility communities are facing in the digital age.
Lead IT Trainer, Zero-Email™ Ambassador, Business Social Network Evangelist, Cloud Community Member at Atos International
Antonio is a Social Media Explorer and Researcher, Lifelong learner, World Citizen, Great Cooking Skills, with a passion for life. He is also an IT Trainer, Zero-Email™ Ambassador and Business Social Network Evangelist / Cloud Community Member. Antonio has experience on Global Organisations and transition projects, building teams and work environments to achieve high levels of performance, and customer satisfaction.
Head of Accessibility & Digital Inclusion at Atos
Neil co-ordinates Atos’ IUX Network for Colleagues and delivers consultancy and expertise across the product lifecycle. He is also the Atos lead for BDF Taskforce for Accessible Technology and an Invited Expert on the W3C Cognitive Accessibility Taskforce. Neil has advised on delivery of high profile Atos projects for the BBC, Department of Health, NHS, Insolvency Service and the IPC. He also provides BAU support for BBC.
CEO and Founder at Ruh Global Communications
Debra Ruh is an advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities and founder of a Ruh Global Communications. The firm focuses on Global Disability Inclusion, EmployAbility, ICT Accessibility, Human Rights, Social Media Marketing and implementation of the United Nations CRPD. She has provided global leadership to governments, corporations, NGOs and DPO’s supporting research projects, DPO outreach, policy and standards initiatives with the public and private sector.
Creative Director at Ruh Global Communications
Kevin has been around disabilities his entire life. He is the Creative and Marketing Director for Ruh Global Communications and manages all digital marketing for the global firm. He manages social media and digital programs for disability organizations, multi-national companies and Thought Leaders in the disability sector for Ruh Global Communications and previously for TecAccess. He hopes to create several documentaries on disability inclusion in the future.
- What is the friendliest social network for creating communities interested in access and inclusion?
- Which social media platforms are technically most accessible?
- What are the current challenges are community managers facing?
- How can technology help community managers overcome access barriers and build communities?
- Can you identify accessible communities that we can use as example of best practices?
- Is the online accessibility community united in some way or do we live in a filter bubble?
- Looking to the future, what can we do make the world more inclusive?
RSVP & Watch the Hangout
Want to RSVP for the Hangout? Visit #CMAD presents: Accessibility Communities and let us know you’re going to watch. This will add the event to your calendar and remind you to attend!
The video will play on the event page when the broadcast starts.
Latest posts by Sherrie Rohde (see all)
- Passing the torch: Meet the new CMAD crew! - December 2, 2016
- “The time has come,” the team has said. - October 27, 2016
- Reflections on Community Manager Appreciation Day 2016 - January 27, 2016