Hey community managers! This post is comin’ at ya from the entire CMAD organizing crew: Maggie, Maddie, Susan, Ben and KiKi.
We’re gonna cut to the chase, here. CMAD 2017 is going to be rockin’ — and different than previous years. Mark your calendar now: the date is Monday, January 23, 2017!
Here are the details on the format that we’re getting ready for you:
- Live webcast. We’re focusing all of our efforts on a live webcast component of the day. We plan to have a couple of keynote speakers (a huge name in community management has already said yes) along with panels, like previous years.
- Kick-ass web-a-thon. We plan to host a kick-ass eight hour web-a-thon running roughly from 9am to 5pm EST, broadcasting live from the Washington, DC area. We’d LOVE to hear from community managers in the DC area, or those who are willing to travel to the DC area to appear in studio. However you do NOT have to be in DC to appear during the web-a-thon; we can livestream you in.
- The web-a-thon will be at the same URL all day long — no more bouncing between Google Hangouts, yay! It will also be recorded and chopped up into segments.
- In-person participation. Some speakers and panelists will participate remotely, and some will be live and in-person in our DC-area studio with the hosts. We encourage anyone who wants to host their own events (virtual or live) to go for it! We just ask (pretty please?) that you broadcast at a time that doesn’t overlap with ours.
- Looking for awards coordinator. We think they’re really awesome, but we don’t plan to continue the CMAD awards ourselves. We’re looking for someone to coordinate this. If anyone wants to step up and run the awards program, we encourage you to do so. We can devote some air-time to the awards.
- Looking for global events coordinator(s). As much as we’d like to, we don’t have the time or experience to coordinate a global component to CMAD. We’d love to see some volunteers step up to run CMAD events across the globe.
Hang tight! We ask that you hang with us, as we host CMAD for the first time. Like most of you, we all have day jobs and we just took over within the past two weeks. We’re still seeking panelists and sponsors. If you’re willing to help us out, please get in touch with Ben.
Latest posts by Ben Martin (see all)
- How was the webathon for you? - January 24, 2017
- #CMAD celebration video from Personify Communities - January 23, 2017
- WATCH THE WEBATHON LIVE - January 22, 2017